Repiping in Richmond, VA
Repiping your entire home may sound like a logistical nightmare, but at Assure Plumbing & Septic, our licensed and experienced plumbers will take care of everything with the least amount of inconvenience to you as possible. We can examine your situation and determine if a small pipe replacement in Richmond, VA is all you need or if it’s time to do the bigger job.
Common Plumbing Problems
The plumbing in your home or office brings fresh water to you and carries away greywater and sewage. If you have a leak in a pipe or if it is stuffed full of roots from a nearby tree, causing water to back up, you have a problem. Other common plumbing issues in Richmond, VA include
- Leaking faucets both indoors and outdoors
- Jammed garbage disposal
- Low water pressure from corrosion buildup inside the pipes
- Clogged drains from food and grease in the kitchen and hair and soap in the shower or tub
- A running toilet that never fills enough to flush properly
Is It Time to Repipe Your Home?
Plumbing problems are a normal part of home maintenance, but there are special signs that you may need repiping in Richmond, VA. These signs include the following:
- The pipes are old: Wear and tear on pipes depend on the local weather conditions, how long the plumbing has been constantly used and the piping material. Older pipes were often made of unsafe materials such as lead and should be replaced immediately. Homes built in the 1970s may still have the original plumbing, which means the pipes may be galvanized steel that is beginning to erode.
- Too many calls for pipe repair in Richmond, VA because of leaking pipes: Leaks need to be fixed immediately for several reasons and are not uncommon. If you have leaks every few months in different areas of your home, it may be time to replace all of your plumbing.
- Water discoloration and water that smells or tastes bad: Discoloration may happen because of a rust settlement that turns the water yellow or reddish-brown. This may mean faulty pipes, or if it is only with the hot water, it may be a faulty water heater.
What Is Involved in Repiping?
Repiping may be necessary for one pipe or for all your plumbing. If you need complete repiping in Richmond, VA for safe drinking water and efficient drainage, Assure Plumbing & Septic can handle the job, from the free estimate to cleaning up after the job is done.
It may require removing sections of your wall to reach and replace some pipes, but we carefully cut away the wall and neatly replace it when the pipes are changed. The drainage pipes from the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry room need to be changed as well as the supply of freshwater from the municipal source to these locations.
Depending on the number and location of the pipes that need to be replaced, the job can take from a few hours to up to a week for a large home.
The most important reason for replacing pipes in Richmond, VA is the safety of your family. Polluted drinking water and regular pipe leaks can cause major health issues for you and your family.
There is another good reason. Consider repiping an investment in the future sale of your home. If the plumbing needs replacement, you can count on a buyer asking for a substantial discount from market value.
Licensed Plumbers With Experience and Expertise
Assure Plumbing & Septic is a locally owned plumbing repair company that proudly serves Richmond, VA. When you have any type of plumbing problem, call us at (540) 507-2904 immediately for a free inspection and estimate. We can find the smallest pin-hole leak or replace every worn-out, rusty pipe in your house with speed and efficiency you can trust. Our aim is your 100% satisfaction.
OUR CUSTOMERS' TESTIMONIALS
rest assured, we've got you covered.
Contact our service specialists for professional and reliable septic and plumbing services in Richmond, VA!